3RD MAY 2019- DFI UPDATES



What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

Today it was interesting to learn about the use of language within the pedagogy of Manaiakalani. It was good to see how the four elelements of "connected, empowered, visible and ubiqutious" work together and alone to create different learning environments.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

That in learning these new skills a real ease could come to work flow and keeping order in a digital world.

That an easy clear cut website is the way to go. To have colour or pictures as a visual guide for those learners who can not read as well.

What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  

To create "a langauge of learning" in my class where certain words show certain skills, as shown through today's slides.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?

To share the skills learnt today with my friends who are also learning the arts of the digital world.

Thank you Maria and Stef for a fluid day of learning.

Comments

  1. Buonasera Suz, I really enjoyed reading your blog about your DFI journey. If we can create that shared language of learning you are talking about in our school, I can only see positives for the way forward. See you tomorrow, Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Susanne, You're making excellent connections between Manaiakalani Pedagogy & your own teaching practice. More so, if we're all speaking the same language, the tamariki will make more sense of it. Ka mau te wehi.
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Susanne,
    I hope you are starting to feel at least some of the ease you write about in the digital world. You are becoming more digitally fluent and it will get easier the more you use the tools. I can see lots of progress.
    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5th April 2019 DFI Developments

DFI- Day 2